- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- More Information
- Cleaning and Reviewing the Bike after each Tour
- Food and Drink Supply During Every Cycle Tour
- Guided English French Dutch Spanish
- Hotel full board
- Liability insurance and assistance
- Mechanical Support
- Route Information
- Three cycling Tour Leaders
- Transport to and from Málaga/Granada
- Vehicle Supported Tour
What you’ll do
This ROADBIKE EXPERIENCE adventure is a great journey that reveals the surroundings of Granada where the mountain range Sierra Nevada is formed nearby the Mediterrean Sea with the highest peak of the Iberian Peninsula 3.482 meters. The location of Sierra Nevada makes this place a paradise for cyclist where you can get impressive elevations.
We guide you through the most unique areas of the outskirts of Granada with every day a start of a new experience. ROADBIKE EXPERIENCE provide a 6 day tour that takes you through the Valley of Lecrin located between Granada and the Tropical Coast, along the region Alpujarra which is one of the most attractive destinations of Andalusia, through the area Guadix situated on a high plateau that reach towards the hilly slopes of Sierra Nevada in the north and the emblematic climbs of the race Vuelta España in the National Park with the highest paved road in Europe.
Meet Michael, your host
We are Michael, Javi and Jose. Our passion is the bike, the nature and the outdoors activities. We have been doing cycling for more than twenty years. We are certified and experienced guides. We live in Granada, surrounded by a wonderful environment composed not only of amazing National and Natural Parks but also of one of the highest mountains in the Iberian Peninsula. A paradise for the practice of this sport in all its modalities. We wanted to turn our passion into our way of life and also to make you a participant of it.
80% refund until 40 days before the event.
0% refund from 40 days of the event.
- 1st STAGE: LECRIN VALLEY (Circular Stage)
- 2nd STAGE: TROPICAL COAST. FIRST PART. (Circular Stage)
- 3rd STAGE. TROPICAL COAST. SECOND PART. (Circular Stage)
- 4th STAGE: ALPUJARRA. KEY STAGE.
- 5th STAGE: THE MYTHICAL PORTS OF SIERRA NEVADA.
- 6th STAGE: VELETA RISE
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
With a subtropical climate and surrounded by mountains, the Lecrin Valley is a place where the traveler gets caught, where many of them stay there for living. Much of this route runs between lemon and orange trees and a group of ups and downs of small ports, valleys and charming villages.
Our route will take us to the village of Cañar, located at 1000 m altitude with the last 5 km being an authentic first class port.
We start the stage descending to the Granada Coast also named Tropical Coast. From practically sea level we lead to Lujar, at 726 m altitude. Then we descend to 180 m where the main attraction of the day will wait for us; the height of Haza Del Lino at 1280 m altitude. We will enjoy the views with the Mediterranean Sea on the right and a beautiful panoramic view of Sierra Nevada on the left.
We will start the route down again towards the coast in search of the mythical climb of Carretera de la Cabra (Goat Road). A port frequented by the Spanish Vuelta, a multitude of fans and annual events. Without a doubt a pleasant tour of one of the most beautiful rods of the province of Granada until reaching 1320 m of altitude.
The Alpujarra is a region of the southern face of Sierra Nevada. Connected by a winding road, the villages of the Alpujarra, staggered at more than 1000 m altitude, are among the most beautiful and touristic villages of Spain. It is a must for travelers.
All these villages of such unique physiognomy witnessed the heroic resistance of the Moorish, the last Arab bastion in the Iberian Peninsula where its habitants refused to accept the loss of their identity.
During our route we will tour the most emblematic and touristic villages of the Alpujarra: Trevélez, Capileira, Bubión and Pampaneira.
The ports of El Purche and Haza Llanas are old acquaintances of cycling professionals. They are mythical climbs of the Spanish Vuelta and a training place of the professional teams.
They are two very demanding ports. Haza Llanas (1670 m) has an average slope of 12% with sections at the beginning of slopes of 19%.
The Purche is a short but intense port. The three first km the slope is higher than 10% reaching 18% when crowning the first part of the port.
Every year since 1993 the Cycle-Touristic Climb to Veleta has been celebrated in Sierra Nevada.
Cycling the second highest peak of Sierra Nevada, the Veleta (3396 m), has become a challenge for both national and international cycling enthusiasts.
It is important to note that with altitude from 2000 m we’ll start to notice tiredness due to the lack of oxygen. In the last 4 km the road is much deteriorated, but with a little expertise and patience the summit will be ours.
It’s definitely an epic stage to have in your collection.
- This route is a NON competitive event, there are no timed sections or any price for arriving first.
- You must comply with the rules of the organizer.
- All participants must respect and follow all the traffic rules, as we ride in open roads
- Accesible route to any cyclist with a reasonable level and experience.
- This route requires participants to have GPS devices to follow the route. From the organization will be enabled tracks.
- There are optional climbs to suite all cyclist levels.
- Limited entries, 8–16 psrticipants.
- We must respect the environment: it is strictly forbidden to throw away rubbish outside the feeding stations.
- It is mandatory the use of the helmet.
- This trip requires that all participants are covered against accident and proffesional liability insurance. It is included in the inscription price. (it´s NOT included your mandatory travel insurance).
- Booking end date: 25 days before the start date.
- You authorize Bike Tour Granada to use any photography or filming in their promotional and marketing material
- Bike Tour Granada declines all responsability on the personal or material accidents that the participans could occur, as well all the accidents they could get involved.
- The organizers reserver their rights to limit the number of available slots, as well to modify this terms and conditions. As well the organizers will have the rights to modify the route in case there are personal risk to any of the participants.
More about this tour
– Single room 120€
– Massage 30€ (At the end of each stage there is the possibility of having a massage.) Reservation are made at least 24 hours in advance.
– Renting bicycle 145€/6 days full carbon.
– Extra activities at the hotel. (Included beverages and food)
– Spare parts and accessories not rented bicycle.
You will stay in a magnificense farm hotel (Alqueria) typical from the south of Spain. The hotel is located in Niguelas, the highest village of the valley at 926 meters altitude. A perfect place to enjoy the peace and tranquility of rural Andalusia. Just 20 minutes away from the Mediterranean Sea and from the historic City Granada in the other direction.
TRAVEL BY PLANE:
Airport transfer (Málaga/Granada – hotel) is organised only in the morning (10:00) or in the afternoon (14:00) the arrival time of the flight is previously arranged with the company. Meeting Point is outside the airport.
Airport transfer (hotel – Málaga/Granada)is organized in the morning from 10:00. The departe time of the flight is previously arranged with the company.
We recomend planning the trip in the best possible way according to our transfer shedule.
TRAVEL BY CAR:
The arrival time at the hotel is previously arranged with the company.
Hotel Alquería de Los Lentos, Camino de Los Molinos 4, 18657 Niguelas Granada Andalucia.
Breakfast at 07:00 – 08:00.
Departure between 08:15 – 09:00.
Arranged lunch and snack provisions during every cycling tour. Usually every cycling tour end up around 16:00.
Daily trip briefing just before dinner.
Dinner at 20:00.
80% refund until 40 days before the event.
0% refund from 40 days of the event.